Mass Elite will continue to closely monitor Governor Baker’s guidelines for the phased reopening of Massachusetts. With the support and guidance from numerous individuals including medical professionals and our athletic training staff, we have made the appropriate preparations to offer a safe return to play.
Please review our health and safety guidelines prior to participation at in a Mass Elite practice, league game or any play opportunity. We require that players continue to wear face coverings to and from the field, practice good hygiene habits and stay home if they are not feeling well. We also ask that all players and parents adhere to event-specific protocols as posted/stated by event directors. This information can be found on the event details page or in the event email.
Please click here to review Mass Elite’s Health and Safety Guidelines.
POTENTIAL EXPOSURE OR CLOSE CONTACT
According to the CDC, “Anyone who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 should stay home for 14 days after their last exposure to that person.” Any Mass Elite player who has had potential exposure to COVID-19 or has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 may not attend or participate in any Mass Elite practice or event during the 14 day quarantine notwithstanding any negative test result that may be obtained during that period.
CDC recommends that all people, whether or not they have had COVID-19, take steps to prevent getting and spreading COVID-19. Wash hands regularly, stay at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible, and wear masks.
Close contact is defined as:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
For more information about possible exposure or quarantining, please click here.
Considerations For Who Should Get Tested (According to the CDC)
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes) with someone with confirmed COVID-19
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider or state health department
Not everyone needs to be tested. If you do get tested, you should self-quarantine/isolate at home pending test results and follow the advice of your health care provider or a public health professional.
TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
If a Mass Elite player has tested positive for COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days and obtain a test and negative result prior to returning to any Mass Elite practice or event. Please defer to you healthcare provider for specific recommendations about when you can resume being around others.