Mass Elite Lacrosse is a club lacrosse team that is dedicated to developing the talents of youth and high school girls’ lacrosse players. Mass Elite coaches emphasize the importance of teamwork, leadership, honesty, and competition. Mass Elite provides student-athletes with high level coaching, demanding practices, and an opportunity to compete with and against the best lacrosse players in the nation.
- All players interested in Mass Elite must tryout every year. Prior team membership does not guarantee future team membership.
- All players are encouraged to attend as many practices and tournaments as possible. Mass Elite does not require participation at any practice or tournament as we understand and appreciate multi-sport athletes, family commitments, and extra-curricular activities. Tournament selections are at the discretion of each participant. The players that succeed in our program recognize that their skill and athletic development is directly proportionate to their commitment to Mass Elite.
- Mass Elite teams are divided by student-athletes’ years of graduation. There are generally no more than three full teams in each year of graduation. It is expected that all players attend all of the scheduled practices for their year of graduation. It is the responsibility of the player to notify the Mass Elite Directors by email if they are unable to attend or will miss practices for an extended period of time. Practice schedules for all years of graduation are available at, www.masselite.com. In the event of inclement weather or changes in the practice schedule, families will be notified via the website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Mass Elite Coaches expect responsibility and accountability. We hold players accountable for their actions and decisions. Players are instructed to handle all communications with their coaches.
- Players are discouraged from joining or committing to other travel lacrosse programs that interfere with their participation in Mass Elite. If Mass Elite is attending a given tournament, our players who are interested in attending that tournament must play for Mass Elite.
Mass Elite Recruiting
Mass Elite provides support and guidance in the college search process. Mass Elite Coaches are a resource in providing current NCAA regulations and other practical strategies, information and guidelines to assist both the student-athlete and her parents on the college recruiting process. Coaches are always available to meet with student-athletes to discuss the recruiting process and provide guidance throughout their college searches. College placement begins and ends with the individual; players must initiate communication with coaches and follow up with campus visits. Click here to view our dedicated recruiting page, access the Mass Elite Player Profile form, and view other important information.
It is expected that players attend as many events as possible including tournaments, play dates, league play, and other organized scrimmages. Please understand that to take a spot on a team and not take attendance seriously is unfair to your coaches and teammates. The team fee and ALL event fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. There are NO exceptions; this includes high school team obligations, player illness/injury, or personal conflict.
- Event Registration must be completed online and is typically available three times per year: fall, winter, and spring/summer, (spring for youth teams only). All players are required to complete event registration by the specified deadline. Rosters are then formed based on registration. NOTE: Registration after deadline must be done by phone or email and players will only be added if space is available on the roster. Players will not be rostered for events until payment has been received in full.
- All travel accommodations for tournaments are the responsibility of the player’s family. An event details page will be posted with as much information as possible. Additional information (schedule, roster, and waiver) will be posted and emailed as soon as it is available.
- Event rosters are based on 1. Year of Graduation 2. Skill level 3. Attendance. Rosters are not put together based on requests or parental input.
- Schedules will be available the 2-5 days before the event if possible. Event schedules will be email and posted at www.masselite.com as soon as coaches receive the information from the event director.
- All players will receive playing time. The amount of time played will be at the discretion of the coach. Understanding the goal of attending true recruiting tournaments, the coaches will attempt to give all players an equal share of game time. Each year, Mass Elite attends tournaments of a wide variety of competition levels. The goal of some tournaments is purely fun, participation and exposure; others include a championship format. At these more competitive tournaments, it benefits the entire program for our teams to perform well. In those situations, playing time will be determined with the focus on winning.
- Mass Elite Coaches are not assigned to specific teams at events. Coaches value a player’s ability to play for any coach and we have found that players benefit from working with different coaches and understanding different coaching philosophies.