Achievelax Indoor Leagues
Saturdays: January 9, 16, 23, 30, February 6, 13
Teamworks Canton OR Starland Sportsplex, Hanover
ACHIEVELAX INDOOR LEAGUES
In the fall and winter, Mass Elite players have the opportunity to participate in Achievelax Indoor Leagues. Achievelax Indoor Leagues are weekly games played in a 7v7 format. Leagues are offered at 2 convenient locations: Teamworks Canton and Starland Sportsplex in Hanover. The game times vary by location and the weekly schedule is released approximately 1 week before the session begins.
Achievelax Indoor Leagues are comprised of multiple divisions: high school, 7/8th grade, 5/6th grade and 3/4th grade. Youth players will be coached by a Mass Elite high school player. High school teams do not have coaches. Players who register through Mass Elite will either be placed on a Mass Elite team or with their school team if one has formed. (For example, a Mass Elite player from Westwood High School will be placed on the Westwood High School team – if they have reserved a team spot. A Mass Elite player from Norwood High School will be placed on a Mass Elite team if no high school spot has been reserved.) All youth players are considered “free agents” and are rostered to teams according to town.
- Each session consists of six or seven weeks of 1 hour games
- All teams play six or seven total games; final game will be scheduled by team standings
- Games will be played in a 7v7 format (6 field players and 1 goal keeper)
- Games consist of 2 – 25 minute, running time halves; games start on the hour
- Certified officials and score keepers
- All field equipment including eye protection and mouth guard is required; face coverings are also required
- Each player will receive a league reversible
- Final playoff round played on the last league date; prizes for the division winners!
- Click here for a complete list of Achievelax Indoor League Rules
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be enhanced health and safety guidelines that participants in Achievelax Indoor Leagues must adhere to. We will also be modifying roster sizes and game rules to reinforce social distancing. Below are a few of the guidelines:
Arrival at the facility:
- All training sessions/events will adhere to facility capacity limits as specified by facility management.
- Children and parents must wear face coverings at all times while inside the facility
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available for participants; players will be expected to sanitize upon entry on to the field
- Social distancing must be observed when waiting to check-in or waiting to take the field
- Drop off at the designated entrance, pick up at the designated exit.
- NO spectators are allowed; ONLY players and coaches will be allowed on the field and inside the facility
- Parents can drop players off and then must leave once the session has begun.
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the facility. Players are expected to come dressed and ready for the session with all appropriate equipment and a water bottle/sports drink. Sling packs or a small shoulder bag/tote (such as a reusable lunch tote) are acceptable.
- Players may not congregate before or after the session
- Carpooling is not recommended
During the game:
- Face coverings:
- Participants (players, coaches, referees, and other staff) will be expected to wear face coverings at all times. Face coverings will be required when inside the facility and on the playing field whenever social distancing is not possible. Disposable masks, cloth face coverings and gaiters are all acceptable.
- “Mask breaks” will occur frequently. A participant can take off their face covering at a point during the session when they are at least 6ft away from another.
- We will utilize space outdoors whenever possible and weather permits.
- A participant who has a medical condition or disability such that wearing a face covering is not recommended, may not be required to wear a face covering upon providing documentation from a physician.
- Substitutions: Players will be expected to remain 6ft away from others while on the sidelines or in the substitution boxes.
- No draws will be taken; alternating possession will be used to begin each half and as usual, goal keepers will clear to restart play after a goal is scored.
- Players are expected to maintain social distance on the sidelines, in the substitution area/box and during halftime.
- Handshakes, fist bumps are not permitted; sportsmanship is expected
Teamworks Canton – 5 Carver Circle, Canton, MA 02021
Starland Sportsplex – 637 Washington Street, Hanover, MA 02339